Sunday, January 17

When I first heard the sad news, I felt devastated inside, like seriously.
Why did she have to leave us?
I thought she would live longer.

She was such a kind and friendly person to me when I was young.
Always so concerned about me.
Always invited me to stay/play at her house.
Always bringing me and eliza around to play.
Always giving me stuffs.
And I am really appreciative of it.

She's such a nice person.
Why did she have to get such an illness?
Why did she have to leave this place?
I thought that she live a much fulfilling and long life.

Even though this earth is not our home,
And Heaven is where all of us, christians, will go eventually.
But still, when our loved ones leave us,
We'll still cry, yearn and miss them.

I am sorry for not being there for you physically.
I felt helpless when I realised I wasn't there for you.
I wanted to be there by your side,
comforting you,
lending my shoulders to you.

But this reality is so cruel and harsh.
I couldn't be there at that point of time.
I couldn't help you at that moment.
Even if I wanted to.

I guess all these are in accordance to God's will.
There's nothing we can do about it.
Let's leave everything into God's hands.
God will take care of everything.

She will leave us for a better place,
where there will be
no more sorrows,
no more pains,
no more sufferings.
It might be better for her this way.
God wants to take her back.
And we can't do anything to stop it.

Everyone will have to leave this earth one day.
It's just a matter of time.
We'll just have to accept this cruel reality.

Even though I know that time will not heal,
But I still hope you and your family will
stay strong physically and spiritually.

I know that whatever I say
won't bring back your beloved mom back to life
And I know that whatever I say
would not be able to comfort your broken heart.

I sincerely hope that you will continue to be steadfast in your faith.
It's hard to accept this.
I know it's hard to take this easy.

Don't worry,
I will walk this through with you.

*She is the late Aunt Meow Cheng.

No comments: